Many of us today are drinking green tea for its health benefits, but if you haven’t tried matcha green tea yet you’re missing out on a host of awesome benefits including fat reduction. Matcha is a great metabolism and immunity boosting tea that also lowers stress and cholesterol!
What is Matcha?
Matcha is Japanese tea leaves grown in the shade to increase chlorophyll content. These chlorophyll-rich leaves are then handpicked, steamed, dried and ground into a fine green powder. Instead of merely steeping tea within a bag that then gets discarded, matcha is dissolved in hot water where you will drink the entirety of its beneficial antioxidant properties.
What are the Health Benefits of Matcha Tea?
- One serving of matcha tea is more nutrient dense then 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea
- Boost energy levels up to 4 hours
- Packed with powerful antioxidants including 137x more EGCg than steeped green tea
- Boosts metabolism efficiency for fat burning
- Naturally detoxifies and is a strong blood alkalizer
Antioxidant Levels in Matcha Green Tea
- 6.2 times that of Goji Berries
- 7 times that of Dark Chocolate
- 17 times that of Wild Blueberries
- 60.5 times that of Spinach
- 1-2 tsp organic matcha green tea
- 1 tsp grassfed Ghee
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup filtered water, boiled
Let the boiled water cool for 3-5 minutes before adding to the matcha. Blend all ingredients for an awesome tasting latte. I prefer cold tea so pour this blended mixture over ice!
Tip: boil water and let it stand for 5 minutes before adding the matcha in. This will give it a better overall flavour without it tasting too “grassy”.
Ingestion of a tea rich in catechins leads to a reduction in body fat and malondialdehyde-modified LDL in men. 2008.
The application of medium-chain fatty acids: edible oil with a suppressing effect on body fat accumulation. 2005.